Click on the links below to jump to that section of questions:
1. How do I apply to become a mychoice® member?
It's free to join mychoice! Please visit the Player Services desk at any of our mychoice properties and present your valid ID. Please be sure to provide your email address when you sign up.
2. Can I use the same mychoice card at multiple properties?
Yes, your mychoice card will work at all participating mychoice properties.
3. How can I replace a lost card?
Visit the Player Services desk at any of our mychoice properties and present your valid ID.
4. What are Tier Points and how does a guest earn them?
mychoice members earn Tier Points when playing with their mychoice card properly inserted in the VLT (Video Lottery Terminal) machine. Tier Points are earned at variable rates depending on game type, game denomination and level of play. Tier Points do not have a monetary value and cannot be exchanged for comps or free play. The total amount of Tier Points you earn is added up to determine your tier status. At Mahoning Valley, $5 coin-in equals 1 tier point.
5. How do I reach a new tier level?
A player's tier status (Choice, Advantage, Preferred, Elite, Owners Club) is awarded based on the total number of Tier Points you earn from your rated play at all mychoice properties. Tier status is earned every twelve months, January 1 through December 31. The tier status you earn in one earning period is valid through the end of the following earning period.
Tier Points do not carry over from one earning period to another and your Tier Score resets to zero on January 1 each year.
Click here for more information about the tier card levels.
6. What is mycash and how does a guest earn them?
mychoice members earn mycash when playing with their mychoice card properly inserted in the VLT machine. mycash are earned at variable rates depending on game type, game denomination and level of play. mycash can be earned at one mychoice property and redeemed at another mychoice property.*
*mycash are not earned and cannot be redeemed at Zia Park Casino Hotel & Racetrack.
7. How can I view my mycash and Tier Point balances?
Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley offers online access to your mychoice account where you can view all of your account balances.
Click on the LOGIN button in the upper right corner of our website to register and/or access your account.
8. What can I use my mycash on?
mycash can be used to make purchases at participating restaurants, retail outlets and to pay for hotel rooms at our mychoice properties. Present your card to your cashier, server or front desk agent and let them know you would like to use your comps.
9. Will the mycash I earn ever expire?
As long as a patron earns at least one (1) Tier Point every six (6) months, mycash will not expire.
10. How can I change my contact information, such as my email or mailing address?
Players at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley can update their email address and phone number online when they login to their account through our website. Click the LOGIN button in the upper right corner of our website, sign in, then select the MY INFORMATION tab.
Please make sure we have your current email address on file as all offers from Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley are sent via email.
To update your mailing address, please visit our Player Services desk on your next visit and present your valid ID with the new mailing address.
11. How can I request an annual Win/Loss Statement?
Players at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley can print a Win/Loss statement for the most recent three years online. Click the LOGIN button in the upper right corner of our website, sign in, then select the WIN/LOSS tab.
Win/Loss statements can also be requested directly at Player Services.
12. How can I use my Free VLTPlay? Can I transfer these offers from one property to another?
Free VLTPlay that you receive from Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley is available directly at any one of our 1,100 VLTs and can only be redeemed at Mahoning Valley. Free VLTPlay or Free SlotPlay cannot be transferred from one property to another.
13. How do I qualify for free play offers, events and promotions?
All invitations and offers are based on a player's unique level of play and vary from one promotion to another and from one mychoice property to another. At Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley, all offers and invitations are sent via email and via direct mail. It is important to use your mychoice when you play in order to qualify for the best promotions available to you.
14. Where can I find the mychoice program rules and privacy rel="noopener noreferrer" policy?
Read the official rel="noopener noreferrer" mychoice program rules.
1. Why am I not receiving offers?mychoice access is exclusive to Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley. To receive emails and direct mail, you must have an active mychoice account and have played at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley. You must also have provided us with your preferred valid email address and physical address.
Action 1: Create (or log in) to your online account and select the MY INFORMATION tab. If your email address is not listed on this tab, we do not have it on file. Please select the EDIT INFORMATION link at the bottom of the screen, enter your email address and be sure to check the box to receive emails.
Action 2: Sign in to your email account and check your junk/spam folder to see if our emails are being sent there. If so, please make sure to move your email to your inbox and add our email address (email@example.com) to your address book for delivery.
2. How do I add Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley to my email contact list?
To ensure that our emails are sent directly to your inbox, please add our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book.
3. I have a Gmail account and cannot locate my emails from Hollywood Gaming.
Action 1: Check your 'promotions' or 'social' tabs to see if our emails were sent there.
Action 2: Check your spam folder, which is located under the MORE link listed in your account folders to the left of your screen.
To ensure you receive our emails directly in your primary inbox, please add our email address (email@example.com) to your address book.
4. I accidentally marked emails from Hollywood Gaming as spam. How do I start receiving emails again?
Please provide us with a different email address. To do this, create (or log in) to your online account and select the MY INFORMATION tab. Select the EDIT INFORMATION link at the bottom of the screen, enter your new email address and be sure to check the box to receive emails.
5. I unsubscribed from Hollywood Gaming emails. How do I start receiving them again?
Please create (or log in) to your online account and select the MY INFORMATION tab. Select the EDIT INFORMATION link at the bottom of the screen, and check the box to receive emails.
1. How do I create an online account?
Please have your mychoice account number available. Click here to create an online account.
2. What can I do with my online account?
Players at Mahoning Valley can view their tier point balance and card level, comp balance and offers. In addition, they can change their email address for marketing communications, email opt-in status and phone number online, as well as print annual win/loss statements. Please contact us to change your online account username.
3. Is there a difference between my username email and the email where I receive my marketing communications?
Yes, there is a difference; however, you can use the same email address for both. We will send emails to the address listed on the MY INFORMATION tab of your online account (but you must be opted-in to receive emails). The username email is used only for logging in to view your account.
4. What do I do if my rewards card number is not accepted?
Please contact us.
5. When I enter my email address a screen shows up telling my current email address is already connected to another account.
Do you share an email address with another member of your household? If so, and that person already created an online account using that email address, you will need to use another email address as your username in order to create an online account.
If you do not recall sharing your email address with another player, please contact us.
6. When I try to create my online account I receive a message stating that my date of birth does not match.
Please be sure you are entering the date of birth listed on the ID you presented to create your account. If you continue to have trouble, please contact us.
7. How do I find out what my username/login is?
If you do not recall your username/login for your online account, please click here to try and create a new account. If you receive a message that your card is already connected to an online account, please contact us.
8. How do I change my password?
You can change your online account password. To do this, or log in to your online account and select the MY INFORMATION tab. Select the EDIT link at the top of the screen next to "Current Password and change your password.
If you forgot your account password, please select the FORGOT PASSWORD link on the LOGIN page and you will receive an email to reset your password.
9. I did not receive the reset password email.
It is possible that your account is tied to a different email address. Please check all of your email accounts. If you still did not receive a password reset email, please email us with your full name, mychoice account number and preferred email address.
10. How do I change my contact information?
You can change your email address (for marketing communications) and phone number online. To do this, create (or log in) to your online account and select the MY INFORMATION tab. Select the sub-tab for HOLLYWOOD GAMING AT MAHONING VALLEY. You should see an EDIT INFORMATION link at the bottom of the shaded box. Select that link and a new screen will pop up where you can update your email address (and opt-in) or phone number. Be sure to check the box to receive emails.
To change your mailing address, you must present a valid government-issued ID with your new address in person at the Player Services Center.
1. What is your racing schedule?
MVRC has live racing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
2. What is your post time?
First post time is 12:45 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Saturday first post time is 12:15 p.m.
3. Where do I park for the races?
When arriving at MVRC, follow the signs to the designated area for racing.
4. Can children come and watch the races?
Yes, children are welcome to watch the races accompanied by an adult.
5. How old do you have to be to bet on a race?
You must be 18 years old or older to bet on the races.
6. Can I bet on a race in advance?
We do not have advance wager at Mahoning Valley. On occasions, we have advance wagering on simulcast races. These races will be listed on our simulcast calendars located on our website and in upper level racing.
7. Is there anywhere to watch the races and eat a meal?
Yes, you can make reservations in our race dining area in the second floor clubhouse by calling 330-505-8847.
8. Are there mutuel tellers or is it all self-service betting machines?
MVRC has both mutuel tellers and self-service betting machines.
9. Do you show races from other tracks?
Yes, we simulcast thoroughbred and harness races from the best racetracks year round.
10. Can I see the horses in the paddock from outside?
Yes, you can see the horses in the paddock outside.
11. What rewards do I get when I use my card?
You earn comp dollars that can be redeemed at any Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley retail outlet- including Skybox, Food Court, and Rodeo Drive.
12. How long is the track?
The track is one mile long.
13. How many horses usually run in the races?
On average, we have 7 to 8 horses per race.
14. Why does MV race in the winter?
It is state mandated that we coordinate our racing schedule with Thistledown. Thistledown will race in the summer and we will race in the winter.
15. How long are winning tickets good for?
Winning tickets in Ohio never expire. We redeem them as long as we can read them.
16. What time do we open/close?
We are usually open from noon to midnight every day. Hours may change during special events.
17. What tracks do we show?
Please see our simulcast schedule on our website.
18. Can you explain to me the different bets?
We have friendly staff and how-to-wager guides on property that will help explain the different types of bets.
19. How do I know how much I won?
Race results vary by odds, and bet types. You can check any ticket with a mutuel teller or self-service machine.
20. Where can I purchase programs?
You can purchase a program in upper level racing with a mutuel teller or our self-service program kiosk located on the far North wall in the simulcast teletheatre.
21. Are reservations required or is there a reserved seating section of the simulcast area?
No, reservations are not required. There is not a reserved seating section of the simulcast area.
22. Is there a charge to take a seat in the simulcast area?
On busy race days, we will reserve and/or charge for seating. However, normally, we do not.
23. Is there free WiFi in the simulcast area?
No, there is no public WiFi in the gaming facility.
24. Is there a charge to enter the gaming facility?
No, entry is always free.
25. What horse racing programs, like Daily Racing Form, are available for purchase?
We sell the Daily Racing Form, as well as standard Equibase past performance books for every racetrack we simulcast.
26. Can mychoice points be accumulated if I wager on horse racing?
While you will not earn points for your horse wagers, you will earn comp dollars that can be redeemed for food and/or racing programs.
27. Do you offer internet-based wagering at the gaming facility?
We do not currently offer any internet-based account wagering at our property. We do offer account wagering, but you must be at the facility in order to make any horse wagers.
28. Will there be any Handicap contests involving simulcast horse racing in the future?
We will consider many new and exciting racing promotions in the future. Please check our website for further information.